The article we want to share today looks at reasons why many pastors struggle when trying to address domestic violence among their congregants. The author comes up with six:
- Domestic violence is fundamentally unbelievable (that a person would be capable of hurting someone they love).
- Wife abusers are masterful manipulators.
- Pastors think spousal abuse only happens in certain kinds of families.
- Pastors haven't thought enough about the gray area between "submit" and abuse.
- Pastors believe what they preach.
- Pastors simply aren't trained about domestic violence.